Sunday, January 25, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
• Accept and involve the public as a legitimate partner.
• Plan carefully and evaluate your efforts.
• Listen to the public's specific concerns.
• Be honest, frank, and open.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other credible sources.
• Meet the needs of the media.
• Speak clearly and with compassion.
Source: Seven Cardinal Rules of Risk Communication. Pamphlet drafted by Vincent T. Covello and Frederick H. Allen. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC, April 1988, OPA-87-020.